Director of Sales - Hard Rock Hotel
The Director of Sales is responsible for leading the sales efforts for the property including maximizing awareness of the hotel product; solicitation and management of MICE (group) business, volume corporate accounts, local/national/international travel agencies with inbound room night potential; and coordination of corporate rate as well as consortia agreements. This position is a strategic business partner who helps the hotel achieve its goals by being a champion for inspiring achievement in the sales team. The Director must harmonize the culture, mission, values and quality standards to ensure maximum potential is achieved. This person must create an exceptional climate of professional and personable service that ensures the engagement of employees, guests, clients, and owners.
- Lead, direct, and manage all department operations to include sales/convention services/catering. Maintain regular presence throughout the department.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, sales calls, site inspections, and written communication.
- Assist in the creation of the annual sales and marketing plan and strategies for the property.
- Develop goals and strategies for the department in accordance with the annual sales and marketing plan. Communicate employee role in achievement of goals and strategies while ensuring accountability.
- Manage annual RFP process with the team for the global, national, and local accounts for the business transient and consortia segments.
- Manage annual contracting process with the team for the domestic and international tour operators as well as OTA's.
- Coordinate and participate in property sales missions, trade shows, familiarization trips, site inspections, and other relevant activities.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new sales and marketing strategies. Make recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Attend trade shows, sales missions, and events as approved by the budget in conjunction with the Global Sales Office.
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests.
- Ensure proper communication between sales and operations departments to satisfy any special group needs.
- Write and negotiate sales contracts according to corporate procedures.
- Create department budget to include resource quantities, costs, and expenses.
- Prepare and execute business plans to ensure the maximization of department performance.
- Create and develop goals and operational strategies for the operations that are aligned with the Hard Rock brand. Communicate the role that each employee has in their achievement and ensure accountability.
- Monitor actual sales, revenues, and expenses to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments, and adjust strategies and forecasts accordingly.
- Review weekly forecasts and planning of cost expenditures to correspond to forecasted occupancy and costs.
- Monitor competitive set activities and adjust execution as needed.
- Balance staffing levels and labor to achieve ideal employee/guest engagement and cost ratio.
- Attract and select the best talent available from inside or outside the organization.
- Develop and implement strategies to retain staff.
- Train, coach, and counsel managers, supervisors and employees to achieve their career goals and maximize their potential.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance and deliver recognition and rewards.
- Promote a positive work environment for all employees and ensure all employment related processes and documentation are in compliance.
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to communicate global programs, implement new products and procedures, discuss areas of opportunities and special events, and review of activities to drive business.
- Ensure an extraordinary experience and create loyalty to the property and Hard Rock brand by exceeding expectations through exceptional service and product quality.
- Resolve guest and client complaints and implement changes to prevent future issues.
- Monitor quality assurance program scores and guest feedback. Take corrective action when necessary.
- Ensure all property policies and procedures are fully implemented in department, including health and safety guidelines.
- Maintain effective relationships with clients.
- Develop positive relationships within the business and social community.
- Promote the organization in and out of industry and at relevant trade associations.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Generate incremental revenue and brand awareness through the creation and implementation of brand relevant local events and promotions.
- Perform duties in accordance with and ensure compliance with property management agreement and other requirements and regulations.
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand. Ensure brand and business initiatives are implemented.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATION
- 8+ years’ experience in hospitality management, including 3 years in a sales leadership role. Luxury/lifestyle hotel experience preferred.
- Degree/diploma in Hospitality Management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides knowledge, skills, and ability sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- High energy with effective and influential people skills. Positive attitude and the desire to motivate others.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Strong communication and listening skills and excellent speaking, reading, and writing ability.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform complex quantitative calculations or reasoning.
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing.
- Strong command of software applications, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and hotel-specific platforms (MICROS Opera, Sabre/SYNXIS, Delphi, SUN, etc.).
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Fluency in English: additional languages preferred.
- Deep understanding of lifestyle hotels and premium dining products and services.
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong organizational skills
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Competitive salary
- Positive, young dynamic team
- Unique working environment in a brand new hotel
- Global Hard Rock discounts to café, hotel and casino
If you are interested in the position, please apply with your CV.