Hard Rock Hotel Budapest - Director of Finance
The Director of Finance is responsible for overseeing, directing, and administering all financial operations of the property. This position is a strategic business partner who helps the hotel achieve its goals by being an advocate, change leader, and champion for inspiring achievement in the finance team.
The Director manages financial performance, oversees internal and external audits, protects property assets, and ensures the financial integrity of the property. The Director of Finance must create an exceptional climate of professional and personable service that ensures the engagement of employees, guests, owners, and investors.
- Create performance expectations, lead people, manage processes, and hold people accountable for the agreed upon activities and timetables.
- Lead, direct, and manage all department operations. Maintain regular presence throughout the department.
- Manage overall financial transactions and reporting of the business by analyzing and reconciling financial reports, determining trends and areas of opportunity, advising others on cost control methods, and resolving budgetary issues.
- Oversee preparation of monthly financial reporting package including financial statement, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Ensure compliance with labor management system standards.
- Have understanding of taxation and governmental reporting applicable to the property; ensure accurate and timely filing.
- Oversee internal and external audits.
- Communicate with leaders regarding issues, risk, and liability concerns, or other important business matters.
- Participate in monthly closing process by ensuring all deadlines are met and proper reporting is completed.
- Ensure all finance policies and procedures are fully implemented and consistently followed in all departments.
- Maintain compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, government regulations, and internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist in creating property annual operating budget, capital plan, and cash flow.
- Prepare and execute business plans to ensure the maximization of property performance.
- Create and develop goals and operational strategies for the operations that are aligned with the Hard Rock brand. Communicate the role that each employee has in their achievement and ensure accountability.
- Analyze and identify financial opportunities including cost controls, productivity levels, and revenue generation.
- Monitor actual sales, revenues, and expenses to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments, and adjust strategies and forecasts accordingly.
- Create and distribute monthly forecasts.
- Protect and enhance the value of property assets through appropriate programs and maintenance. Evaluate condition of equipment and property and conduct analysis for capital expenditure needs.
- 5+ years’ experience in hospitality finance management, including 3 years in a leadership role. Luxury hotel experience preferred.
- Degree/diploma in Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides knowledge, skills, and ability sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Working knowledge of local financial practices and taxation; work experience in country required.
- High energy with effective and influential people skills. Positive attitude and the desire to motivate others.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously should pose a challenge without being overwhelming.
- Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Strong communication and listening skills and excellent speaking, reading, and writing ability.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, owners, investors, and employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform complex quantitative calculations or reasoning.
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing.
- Understanding of the Uniform System of Accounts for Lodging.
- Strong command of software applications, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and hotel-specific platforms (MICROS Opera, Sabre/SYNXIS, Delphi, SUN, etc.).
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Fluency in Hungary and English
- Deep understanding of lifestyle hotels.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong organizational skills
- Must meet legal requirements for any required licensing.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
To apply for this position, please send your resume/CV to email@example.com