Head of Engineering, Hilton Garden Inn
The Head of Engineering will play a key role in overseeing, coordinating and assisting in the activities of the maintenance staff. Ensures repair, air, maintenance, and engineering activities and the preventative maintenance program are completed as directed and supports or monitors capital repair and renovation projects.
What will I be doing?
Responsible for the preventative maintenance, day-to-day maintenance, and upkeep of the property, grounds, common areas, sports court, pool, and all related equipment, etc.
- Effectively and professionally communicates with co-workers and supervisor.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Ensures all fire and safety inspections are completed and any discrepancies are corrected.
- Responsible for the safety of the department and building.
- Administers the preventative maintenance program as required, properly completing work orders on time.
- Completes training regarding safety, security, department procedures, and service guidelines. Conducts training of co-workers and subordinates as required.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Meets with vendors and suppliers to discuss the scope of, and products and materials used in, repair activities.
- Supervises and assists engineering staff in maintaining and repairing fire and life safety systems, room equipment, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, refrigeration equipment, pool equipment, lighting, laundry equipment, and other systems/equipment as directed.
- Manages or assists in hiring, firing, training, assisting with career development and performance evaluations for maintenance staff.
- Performs skilled repair and maintenance operations using power tools, hand tools, welding equipment, etc.
- Monitors tool inventories.
- Monitors supplies, place orders with approved vendors as needed.
- Maintains working spaces in a safe and clean condition.
What are we looking for?
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma is preferred.·
- 3+ years technical maintenance training or maintenance experience required.
- Comply with hotel and/or department uniform and professional behavior and appearance standards.
- On-call status
- Willingness and ability to respond to emergency situations on short notice.
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Experience in the hotel industry
- Experience in managing/supervising a team in a similar role
- IT proficient
- Willingness to develop team members and self
If you are interested in the position, please, send your CV to: