We are looking for a Purchasing Manager.
- Develops purchasing strategies and be part of the purchasing team in its daily activities of sourcing suppliers and purchasing products, equipment, and services under the direction of the Finance Director
- Assigns tasks and targets, whilst supervising the rest of the purchasing team.
- Continuously monitors the supplier market with a view to keep updated on the latest trends, & new service and product providers.
- Ensures that all suppliers are vetted and contracted with the hotel in line with hotel guidelines. Is responsible for contract drafting and negotiation and ensures that contracts are updated and valid at all times
- Is a natural negotiator, continuously looking for ways to reduce costs without compromising on quality.
- Ensures that the right products and services are procured, in line with hotel needs and after involving department heads.
- Procures and places orders to the suppliers based on the purchase requests received from the Department Heads using the Hotel stock system.
- Ensures that products and services procured are delivered within the agreed timeframe and the agreed quality and quantity. Sorts out any challenges in case of any shortcomings.
- Liaises with other members of the Finance team to ensure up-to-date information on accounting-related work.
- Liaises with the Corporate office vis a vis nominated suppliers and shares information with the relevant departments.
- Assists with month-end inventories.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience on a similar field with particular experience in direct negotiating and tendering
- College or university degree
- Fluent both in written and spoken English and Hungarian
- Good computer skill, particularly excel
- Knowledge of Oracle Materials Control systems
What we offer:
- Competitive package
- Free meals in the staff restaurant
- Financial support for commuting to work
Working hours: Full time
Place of work: Budapest, District VII.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to: