Sales Manager - Hard Rock Hotel
The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively establishing and managing client relationships and accounts for their respective market segment. The Sales Manager is responsible for achieving both team and individual revenue goals through managing existing client relations, solicitation of new accounts, and consistent networking efforts. This person must create an exceptional climate of professional and personable service that ensures the long term engagement of employees, guests, and owners.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, sales calls, site inspections, and written communication.
- Coordinate and participate in blitzes, expositions, fairs, familiarization trips, site inspections, and other relevant activities.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new sales and marketing strategies. Make recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests.
- Ensure proper communication between sales and operations departments to satisfy any special group needs.
- Monitor actual sales, revenues, and expenses to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments, and adjust strategies and forecasts accordingly.
- Monitor competitive set activities and adjust execution as needed.
- Ensure an extraordinary experience and create loyalty to the property and Hard Rock brand by exceeding expectations through exceptional service and product quality.
- Resolve guest and client complaints and implement changes to prevent future issues.
- Monitor quality assurance program scores and guest feedback. Take corrective action when necessary.
- Maintain effective relationships with clients.
- Promote the organization in and out of industry and at relevant trade associations.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Generate incremental revenue and brand awareness through the creation and implementation of brand relevant local events and promotions.
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand. Ensure brand and business initiatives are implemented.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATION
- 3+ years’ experience in hospitality management, in a sales role.
- Degree/diploma in Hospitality Management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides knowledge, skills, and ability sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- High energy with effective and influential people skills. Positive attitude and the desire to motivate others.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously should pose a challenge without being overwhelming.
- Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Strong communication and listening skills and excellent speaking, reading, and writing ability.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform complex quantitative calculations or reasoning.
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing.
- Strong command of software applications, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and hotel-specific platforms (MICROS Opera, Sabre/SYNXIS, Delphi, SUN, etc.).
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Fluency in English: additional languages preferred.
- Deep understanding of lifestyle hotels and premium dining products and services.
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong organizational skills
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Positive, young dynamic team
- Unique working environment in a brand new hotel
- Global Hard Rock discounts to café, hotel and casino
If you are interested in the position, please apply with your CV.