Star Service Operator – Hard Rock Hotel
The Star Services Operator is responsible for the friendly and efficient service for all telephone operations, including answering and routing calls, answering inquiries, handling wakeup calls, taking messages, and taking In Room Dining orders. This position is instrumental in creating an environment and executing service that blows our guests away.
- Answer and route inbound calls on the telephone system.
- Assist callers with inquiries.
- Handle all phone calls efficiently and courteously.
- Receive, track, and follow up on all service requests, problems, and complaints.
- Ensure all wakeup call requests are logged and delivered.
- Coordinate with Front Office to ensure all reservations requesting equipment are met.
- Control meeting room phone line availability. Restrict when not in use.
- Assist guests and employees with the use of voicemail.
- Take messages and ensure delivery.
- Receive and track incoming guest mail and packages.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable about In Room Dining menu.
- Take In Room Dining orders.
- Ensure all guest information is accurate and maintained in an organized manner.
- Keep updated on all hotel information including amenities, outlets, programs, packages, etc.
- Take guest reservations, when needed.
- Respond to emergency situations in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Work with Front Office Manager regarding hotel business to keep them informed.
- Maintain positive and professional communication with all staff.
- Provide recognition to others, including co-workers, supervisors, managers, and directors.
- Participate in meetings to learn about global programs, new products and procedures, and to discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- Ensure a healthy and safe work environment for co-workers and guests.
- Be knowledgeable of property facilities, services, hours of operation, in-house events, conferences, and amenities to proactively assist guests.
- Promote property outlets to guests.
- Assist guests in finding locations within the property by escorting, when possible, or giving clear directions.
- Resolve guest complaints using property procedures.
- Create a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential.
- Listen to comments, criticisms, and feedback from guests, employees, and managers to gain an understanding of strength and opportunity to improve personal/property performance.
- Work as a team, helping all employees to complete the required activities that ensure we deliver Amplified Service.
- Take initiative to offer assistance throughout the property.
- Perform duties in accordance with company standards, policies, and guidelines, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform additional duties as requested by department managers and supervisors.
- Communicate with supervisors and managers to ensure that assigned duties are completed to standard.
- Coordinate operations with other departments, as needed.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATION
- Secondary school degree preferred and/or previous work experience in service for at least 2 years.
- Luxury/lifestyle hotel experience preferred.
- Strong command of software applications, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and hotel-specific platforms (MICROS Opera, Sabre/SYNXIS, Delphi, SUN, etc.).
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Fluency in English: additional languages preferred.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Understanding of lifestyle hotels products and guest services.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Competitive salary
- Positive, young dynamic team
- Unique working environment in a brand new hotel
- Global Hard Rock discounts to café, hotel and casino
If you are interested in the position, please apply with your CV.