Executive Chef - Hard Rock Hotel Budapest
2023. január 09. 11:15
Hard Rock International is a spirited global brand expanding around the globe. Since 1971, we have paved the way for the next generation of Hard Rock Hotel leaders to deliver authentic experiences that rock.
If you're looking to take your hospitality career to the next level, check out the following open position at HARD ROCK HOTEL BUDAPEST then email your resume.
The Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing all day to day kitchen operations and outside catering for the hotel. The Executive Chef determines menu changes, necessary equipment and ingredients, and handles special menu requests. The Executive Chef also supervises, trains and develops the staff of the kitchen and ensures all staff members adhere to appropriate food safety/sanitation guidelines, in accordance with local and federal health and safety regulations.
- Lead, direct, and manage all department operations. Maintain regular presence throughout the department.
- Establish and maintain accurate inventory records. Participate in periodic department inventories. Recommend appropriate actions based on results of inventory reporting.
- Supervise and participate in the production and plating of food service areas to maintain the best quality food style possible.
- Execute consistent, high quality food presentation.
- Provide direction for menu development.
- Develop and implement guidelines and standards for purchasing, receiving, and storage of food, supplies, and equipment. Ensure pars are maintained in order to avoid shortages and reduce costs.
- Communicate and coordinate regularly with all Food and Beverage departments, and with other areas, as needed.
- Read and review invoices to verify the accuracy of invoice specs and determine expenses, amount, and type of product being delivered to the property.
- Ensure the proper handling, maintenance, storage, and security of all department equipment.
- Conduct training for other operating departments on food knowledge and menu composition, as needed.
- Manage relationships with vendors; assist in negotiating agreements.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of work performed by contracted vendors.
- Create department budget to include sales volumes, revenues, resource quantities, costs, expenses, assets, liabilities, cash flow, and capital expenditures.
- Prepare and execute business plans to ensure the maximization of department performance.
- Create and develop goals and operational strategies for the operations that are aligned with the Hard Rock brand. Communicate the role that each employee has in their achievement and ensure accountability.
- Analyze and identify financial opportunities including cost controls, productivity levels, and revenue generation.
- Monitor actual sales, revenues, and expenses to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments, and adjust strategies and forecasts accordingly.
- Review weekly forecasts and planning of cost expenditures to correspond to forecasted occupancy and costs.
- Protect and enhance the value of property assets through appropriate programs and maintenance. Evaluate condition of equipment and property and conduct analysis for capital expenditure needs.
- Balance staffing levels and labor to achieve ideal employee/guest engagement and cost ratio.
- Attract and select the best talent available from inside or outside the organization.
- Develop and implement strategies to retain staff.
- Train, coach, and counsel managers, supervisors and employees to achieve their career goals and maximize their potential.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance and deliver recognition and rewards.
- Promote a positive work environment for all employees and ensure all employment related processes and documentation are in compliance.
- Ensure all staff have food safety and sanitation certifications required by law.
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to communicate global programs, implement new products and procedures, and discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- Participate in and ensure Sound Checks are being conducted in all Culinary departments on all shifts.
- Ensure an extraordinary experience and create loyalty to the property and Hard Rock brand by exceeding expectations through exceptional service and product quality.
- Resolve guest complaints and implement changes to prevent future issues.
- Monitor quality assurance program scores and guest feedback. Take corrective action when necessary.
- Maintain presence in property during peak business periods.
- Ensure all property policies and procedures are fully implemented in department, including health and safety guidelines.
- Maintain relationships with key clients, owners, and investors.
- Promote the organization in and out of industry and at relevant trade associations.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
- Coordinate ongoing industry research to detect market trends and related information for development of new strategies and/or concepts/services. Implement new products/services accordingly and develop analysis of return on investment.
- Operate ethically to protect the Hard Rock brand. Ensure brand and business initiatives are implemented.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest, employee, and company information.
YOU ARE OUR FUTURE BAND MEMBER IF YOU HAVE
- 7+ years’ experience in culinary management, including 2 years hospitality management. Luxury hotel experience preferred.
- Degree/diploma in Culinary Arts or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides knowledge, skills, and ability sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Working knowledge of local hospitality industry and culture; work experience in country preferred.
- Knowledge of industry trends.
- High energy with effective and influential people skills. Positive attitude and the desire to motivate others.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously should pose a challenge without being overwhelming.
- Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Strong communication and listening skills and excellent speaking, reading, and writing ability.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform complex quantitative calculations or reasoning.
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing.
- Strong command of software applications, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and hotel-specific platforms (MICROS Opera, Sabre/SYNXIS, Delphi, SUN, etc.).
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Fluency in English: additional languages preferred.
- Deep understanding of lifestyle hotels and premium dining products and services.
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fair employment with correct salary package
- Positive, young dynamic team
- Unique working environment in a brand new hotel
- Opportunity to gain experience in a multinational environment
- Global Hard Rock discounts to café, hotel and casino