Food and Beverage Director – Hard Rock Hotel Budapest
2021. február 11. 17:08
The Food and Beverage Director is responsible for all food and beverage production, service and business analytics for the property. This position is a strategic business partner who helps the property achieve its goals by being an advocate, change leader, and champion for inspiring achievement in the food & beverage team. The Director supervises all of the food and beverage outlets, including restaurants, bars, lounges, nightclubs, in room dining, kitchens, stewarding, and banquets. The Food and Beverage Director must harmonize the culture, mission, values, and quality standards to ensure maximum potential is achieved. This person must create an exceptional climate of professional and personable service that ensures the engagement of employees, guests, and owners.
- Create performance expectations, lead people, manage processes, and hold people accountable for the agreed upon activities and timetables.
- Lead, direct, and manage all department operations. Maintain regular presence throughout the department.
- Communicate with leaders regarding issues, risk, and liability concerns, or other important business matters.
- Establish and maintain accurate inventory records. Participate in periodic department inventories. Recommend appropriate actions based on results of inventory reporting.
- Monitor operations to ensure consistent sequence of service is followed and all brand standards are properly executed.
- Build business/market share by developing new ways to promote company and by participating in events to increase sales and profits.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing and Catering teams to ensure client needs and expectations are met.
- Manage relationships with vendors; assist in negotiating agreements.
- Create department budget to include sales volumes, revenues, resource quantities, costs, expenses, assets, liabilities, cash flow, and capital expenditures.
- Prepare and execute business plans to ensure the maximization of property performance.
- Create and develop goals and operational strategies for the operations that are aligned with the Hard Rock brand. Communicate the role that each employee has in their achievement and ensure accountability.
- Analyze and identify financial opportunities including cost controls, productivity levels, and revenue generation.
- Monitor actual sales, revenues, and expenses to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments, and adjust strategies and forecasts accordingly.
- Review weekly forecasts and planning of cost expenditures to correspond to forecasted occupancy and costs.
- Plan and approve sales and marketing activities for the Food and Beverage outlets.
- Monitor competitive set activities and adjust execution as needed.
- Protect and enhance the value of property assets through appropriate programs and maintenance. Evaluate condition of equipment and property and conduct analysis for capital expenditure needs.
- Oversee operational efficiency, standards compliance, and service and financial measurements. Identify gaps and implement measures to correct deficiencies.
- Balance staffing levels and labor to achieve ideal employee/guest engagement and cost ratio.
- Attract and select the best talent available from inside or outside the organization.
- Develop and implement strategies to retain staff.
- Train, coach, and counsel managers, supervisors and employees to achieve their career goals and maximize their potential.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance and deliver recognition and rewards.
- Promote a positive work environment for all employees and ensure all employment related processes and documentation are in compliance.
- Ensure all staff have food safety, sanitation, and responsible alcohol service certifications required by law.
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to communicate global programs, implement new products and procedures, and discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- 8+ years’ experience in hospitality management, including 3 years in a food and beverage leadership role. Luxury hotel experience preferred.
- Degree/diploma in Hospitality Management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides knowledge, skills, and ability sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Working knowledge of local hospitality industry and culture; work experience in country preferred.
- Analytics skills are essentials and it must be demonstrated during the hiring process.
- Deep understanding of lifestyle hotels and premium dining products and services.
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong organizational skills
- Must meet legal requirements for any required licensing.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Hungarian work permit or EU residence
- Fluency in English and Hungarian: additional languages preferred
- Precise, reliable, enthusiastic and team player personality is needed
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Positive, young dynamic team
- Unique working environment in a brand new hotel
- Global Hard Rock discounts to café, hotel and casino
If you are interested in the position, please, send your CV to: