Director of Engineering
- Takes full responsibility for the building, property and plant ensuring that these are maintained within the required standards expected at all times
- Hire, develops, supports, manages and inspects the Engineering team ensuring that all preventative maintenance and general repairs of hotel rooms, public spaces, back of house and plant rooms are in line with the company programs and with the standards expected in a luxury hotel.
- Prepares and controls the department operating budget, in line with the full Budget of the property and covering all cost items with particular focus on Utilities consumptions, repairs and contract works
- Develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures for the Engineering and technical work performed in the hotel.
- Takes full responsibility in ensuring compliance to legislation covering his field of work, all equipment, and certification.
- Ensures that all firefighting equipment is maintained in first class order and the fire crew has a complete understanding of all procedures, equipment, and alarms.
- Continuously monitors the energy consumption of the hotel, suggest changes and adjusts accordingly.
- Keeps adequate levels of supplies required for hotel maintenance and keep the stock of materials to an agreed level.
- Exercises a hands-on approach to maintenance ensuring visibility within the hotel front and back areas, whilst ensuring that the team is working within the agreed schedules of assigned work in a safe, clean and efficient manner.
- Directs and inspects all outside contractors as necessary to assist them in performing maintenance or construction jobs ensuring that all contractors work in line with the ordered works and deliver their service within the acceptable quality standards expected from a 5-star hotel, within schedule and within budget.
- Draws up a short term and long term CAPEX plan, and executes all CAPEX works, enhancements and projects when and as approved
- Assume the role of Duty Manager as scheduled.
- European Union National who is ready to relocate
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Certification in building or electrical engineering
- Good command of English and ideally Hungarian, both in written and spoken
- Ability to manage, supervise and coordinate a team
- Possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work at weekends if and when needed
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and yearly performance bonus
- Free meals in the staff restaurant
- Free parking at the garage of the hotel
- Discounts throughout Corinthia Hotels
Working hours: full time
Place of work: Corinthia Budapest Hotel
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to: