Information Technology Manager – Hard Rock Hotel Budapest
2021. június 08. 12:30
The Information Technology Manager plans, directs, implements, and manages the daily operations of the Information Technology (IT) department. He or she will establish, implement, and manage department policies and procedures based on Hard Rock Hotels Technology Standards. Additionally, the Mananger designs, reviews, evaluates, implements, and supports the IT environment, including the data center, computer hardware and software, networks (wired and wireless), computer peripherals, telephone hardware and software, application systems, IT security, and other hardware and appliances necessary to the IT operations. The Manager is responsible for forward-looking system and component implementation that will assure investment protection by remaining at the front of technological advancements.
- Lead, direct, and manage all department operations. Maintain regular presence throughout the department.
- Ensure the proper handling, maintenance, storage, and security of all department equipment.
- Review, maintain, and support the IT environment, including computer and telephone hardware, networks, peripherals, software, applications, and security.
- Monitor hardware and software licensing to ensure all equipment and software is properly licensed.
- Monitor IT operations, including performance and capacity planning, dashboard reporting, diagnostics, and remediation.
- Adjust procedures and equipment to ensure the highest possible availability of IT resources to all elements of the organization.
- Ensure backup/recovery functions are performed on scheduled basis.
- Implement and manage written local standard operating procedures for day-to-day operations.
- Maintain accurate records of reported problems and resolutions, repairs, maintenance, and other activities.
- Provide daily and periodic operational reporting as required by company and regulatory policies.
- Organize and coordinate IT projects as may be required to update and maintain IT environment at the front of the technological curve.
- Participate in tactical and strategic planning for IT with property and corporate leadership.
- Provide time, equipment, and budgeted financial resources to keep staff professional certifications current and in concert with the evolving IT environment.
- Oversee and troubleshoot telephone technology throughout the property.
- Ensure all IT policies and procedures are fully implemented and consistently followed in all departments.
- Conduct training for other operating departments on IT matters.
- Manage relationships with vendors; assist in negotiating agreements.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of work performed by contracted vendors.
- Create department budget to include resource quantities, costs, and expenses.
- Prepare and execute business plans to ensure the maximization of department performance.
- Create and develop goals and operational strategies for the operations that are aligned with the Hard Rock brand. Communicate the role that each employee has in their achievement and ensure accountability.
- Monitor actual expenses to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments, and adjust strategies and forecasts accordingly.
- Review weekly forecasts and planning of cost expenditures to correspond to forecasted occupancy and costs.
- 3+ years of successful IT management experience.
- experience in hotel technology, including retail, food and beverage, interactive television, door locks, digital signage, PBX, and quality management; international experience preferred.
- Educational attainment /diploma in Computer Science or Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides knowledge, skills, and ability sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Excellent working knowledge of MICROS hotel system software and hardware or equivalent PMS/CRS environment.
- Experience in server/network architecture and operations
- Experience in network and system security.
- Experience with PMS, POS, and ERP Systems.
- Experience in property openings, preferably both new build and conversion.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously should pose a challenge without being overwhelming.
- Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Strong communication and listening skills and excellent speaking, reading, and writing ability.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform complex quantitative calculations or reasoning.
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing.
- Strong command of software applications, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and hotel-specific platforms (MICROS Opera, Sabre/SYNXIS, Delphi, SUN, etc.).
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Fluency in English: additional languages preferred.
- Deep understanding of lifestyle hotels.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong organizational skills
- Must meet legal requirements for any required licensing.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaryPositive, young dynamic team
- Unique working environment in a brand new hotel
- Global Hard Rock discounts to café, hotel and casino
If you are interested in the position, please, send your CV to: